April 12-14th - Indio, CA - Coachella Weekend 1
May 3-5th - Memphis, TN - Beale St. Music Festival
June 13-16th - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo
July 12-14th - Louisville, KY - Forecastle Festival
August 2-4th - Chicago, IL - Lollapalooza
September 27-29th - Atlanta, GA - TomorrowWorld
October 25-27th - Asheville, NC - Mountain Oasis
-if you could win a trip to mars but never come back would you go? and what five things would you bring? (no collections cheater!)
Will I be able to sustain life naturally with the martian elements? If so.. then YES. I would bring:
1. Notebook from my high school retreat. Pretty much contains so many good quotes it would be a good "rule book" for humanity. On my planet-- everyone is nice to one another and truly loves eachother. 2. Record Player 3. Radiohead's "In Rainbows" on vinyl 4. A spare copy of "In Rainbows" on vinyl 5. An extra spare copy of "In Rainbows" on vinyl
Top 3 Chella artists you're excited for. 3 artists you'll see under no circumstances.
And the top 3 Chella artist you hate the most, and refuse to see under any circumstance.
Three artists that I cannot miss, no matter what: 1. Dropkick Murphy's 2. Descendents 3. Wu Tang Clan
Three artists I refuse to see under any circumstances? I really can't answer that. IMO, all bands are "innocent until proven guilty". I would try anything once, and then complain about it later. Like Passion Pit. *shudder*
Abra! Thank you for the honor and privilege of being this past months BMOTM. It was not as daunting as everyone warned me, and consider me humbled that my name is on the list now.
Without further ado... the BMOTM for February 2013 will be none other than:
Yes there are alot of "kats" and "cats" and "kittens" and the like on this board... but I chose KatBur because she has always stood out as a integral board member to me. IMO, Inforoo would not be the same without her!
So.... I guess I will start with the first questions:
1. Single best non-music memory/moment experienced at Bonnaroo?
2. You've experienced the festival from many different angles and camp areas.... if money were not an issue, what would be your preferred method of camping/staying for Bonnaroo and why?
3. What is the nicest thing someone has done for you recently?
4. What is something in your life that you consider lucky to have?
5. What is your most prized possession that contains NO monetary value?
6. Do you remember when we passed eachother on the Golf Carts?
I'm afraid you'll all be bored with my boring life but here we go....
1. Single best non-music memory/moment experienced at Bonnaroo? The second year we were there I was laying in my tent Saturday morning, kind of half awake, half asleep and I heard the sweetest little voice. She was calling again and again in a voice that sounded like it should belong to a fairy "Mushrooms", "Mushrooms" such a surreal little moment
2. You've experienced the festival from many different angles and camp areas.... if money were not an issue, what would be your preferred method of camping/staying for Bonnaroo and why? I haven't really done that many different options, I had the barn one year and the rest of the time we've been in Access. If money were not an issue I think I'd probably try VIP. I think I'd be too likely to stay inside if I was in an RV so VIP would give me some AC.
3. What is the nicest thing someone has done for you recently? Hubby not only let me sleep in on Sunday but took the kids out so I didn't have to wake up to either "Ma, Ma, Ma, Ma" or "I Did Not"
4. What is something in your life that you consider lucky to have? Right now I'm lucky to have my health and to have only first world problems
5. What is your most prized possession that contains NO monetary value? Pictures, wedding albums, pictures of the kids etc. I've also got this cool piece of jewelry that was my grandmothers. The neat thing is that it is a pair of shoe clips that can be put together and worn as a brooch. Completely rhinestones but I've always loved it.
6. Do you remember when we passed eachother on the Golf Carts? I do although the details are a fuzzy, I blame the heat, couldn't be the booze
7. Where did you get your Inforoo name? Completely boring - it's the first 3 letters of my first name and the first 3 letters of my last name and then 2 as in also.
Where did learn your sic dance moves? Ha HA hA HA hA hA But watch out, I'm doing Zumba now
In your opinion, what is the #1 reason healthy people need a Flu Shot? The number one reason is cause that shiz can kill you! My house is actually the poster child for getting a flu shot. My daughter is the only one in the family who did not get a flu shot (,long story) and two days before Christmas she got the flu, sick as hell. None of the rest of us got sick.
I've actually gotten flu shots for years because of the nature of my work and the risk of exposing others whether or not I get sick.
When was the last time you had cake? In great detail, can you please describe this cake?
Not a big cake person but...my 11 year old had to do a project about a volcano for school. Powerpoint, oral presentation and he had to make a model of his volcano with directions to "be creative". After much discussion he decided to make a cake. We used one of the pans you would use if you were making a cake with a doll sticking out of the top.
Chocolate cake with a light layer of chocolate frosting. Crushed chocolate graham crackers to give it the texture of dirt. Red, orange and black icings to be lava. Oh and green food coloring dyed coconut for grass. Unfortunately school rules are that the kids couldn't eat it so we did. It was surprisingly tasty and very moist.
I've got pictures around here somewhere, I'll try to post one.