6/28: Dave Chappelle > Weedeater
6/29: Bob Dylan, Wilco, MMJ
6/30: The Grandmothers of Invention
7/20: Living Colour
8/1: Mastodon w/ Machine Head
9/5: Iron Maiden w/ Megadeth
9/14: Joe Satriani & Steve Morse
10/2: The Legendery Pink Dots
10/4: Sigur Rós
11/14-17: BEAR CREEK
^^ Dave was in Dallas the night before Hangout, and thats a 10 hour drive..I would imagine since Cornell had a good time last year, and they do have a new(ish) album out to promote, maybe still a possibility. I see what you are saying though, its a good point..it probably does rule them out
Then plug in the name of possible artists. It always takes you to Page Not Found (unless it was an artist on last year's lineup), but sometimes it auto-corrects the entry and redirects you to a different URL.
My tech friend just enlightened me. He said that since they usually announce the lineup the first week in Feb, it would make sense to have URL's created and ready in order to have a solid launch, that they're all created but just not loaded yet....
Post by mobilehangoutfan76 on Jan 21, 2013 19:59:43 GMT -5
Going back and looking at the Hangout's FB page, there really wasn't much going on until they posted about announcing the lineup. They had two posts between Jan 1st and the announcement day/night around feb. 7/8.
If you a similar timeline is used we should hear soon in a little over two weeks.
IMO Soundgarden would be a headliner. They headlined Voodoo, so I think they'd headline Hangout.
And since we are talking about the EDM tent, I'd once again like to give props to Hangout for the HUGE improvement in quality of experience in the EDM tent last year over the previous year. The sound in the EDM tent was incredible, hell we were standing way outside the tent for Skrillex and it was coming through loud and clear. Big dance party out there.
I feel similarly to everyone else about Dylan. The guy is a legend, and anyone who sees him live can't help but get the "Bob Dylan Effect", which is that feeling during a Bob Dylan show when you are like "holy crap thats Bob fracking Dylan up there." But, it seems like of the live music fans I know who go see Dylan, about 20% come away saying it was awesome, the other 80% varying shades of meh.
I'm a much bigger Dylan fan, but I admit I'd take Petty over Dylan when it comes to a live show today. The Heartbreakers killed it at JF last year, a real rock show.