Post by theimportance on May 6, 2013 18:23:20 GMT -5
After going over the schedule a few times...
1. Paul McCartney 2. Bjork
And then in no particular order:
Django Django Wilco Four Tet Dirty Projectors Whatever I pick for Saturday LN (can't go wrong with any of them) Empire of the Sun Tame Impala or Swans (again, can't go wrong with either) David Byrne and St. Vincent
Post by hakunaBERNIEtata on May 6, 2013 19:09:00 GMT -5
1. Wilco 2. Paul McCartney 3. David Byrne & St. Vincent 4. Alt-J 5. Empire of the Sun 6. Lee Fields & The Expressions 7. Mumford & Sons 8. Purity Ring 9. Japandroids 10. A-Trak
My post schedule list looks nothing even close to my pre-schedule list sans the top 3. There are other shows I would say I'm more excited for but how much or if I even see them due to conflicts and or other circumstances, I'm not banking on seeing. This is more or less a list of 10 acts I'm fairly certain I won't miss.
He's like you made an Ã¼ber troll by taking the worst parts of me (the utter disregard for other people's opinions), Phi (cluttering up threads with memes and adding nothing to a discussion) and Jess (an apparent belief that everyone else is the problem and/or arrogance without self awareness).
Post by hiddenzombie013 on May 12, 2013 4:14:05 GMT -5
With the schedule out now, and I've listened to some more artists:
1. Paul McCartney 2. Baroness 3. Mumford and Sons 4. "Weird Al" Yankovic 5. Animal Collective 6. Japandroids 7. Allen Stone 8. Wu-Tang Clan 9. Empire of the Sun 10. Portugal. The Man
I'm only counting artists that I plan on seeing their full set (or 90% of it) and have not seen a full set of theirs before. Billy Idol and R. Kelly are high up too, but are getting screwed in conflicts. Mumford and PTM are acts I've seen, but not full sets. Other bands like OMAM, Passion Pit, Grizzly Bear, and Mackemore and Ryan Lewis are sets I'm stoked for, but I'll have seen them by Bonnaroo.
1/8 - Les Claypool's Due de Twang
1/9 - Blackberry Smoke
1/17 - Billy Joel
1/24 - Disclosure
2/7 - Queens of the Stone Age
2/11 - Trey Anastasio Band
2/16 - Flogging Molly
2/17 - Young the Giant
2/19 - Caveman
2/22 - The Fratellis
2/25+26 - Big Gigantic
3/7 - Boys II Men
3/8+9 - Gasparilla Music Festival (w/ The Flaming Lips)
3/16 - Paul Simon and Sting
3/20 Between the Buried and Me w/Deafheaven
3/29 - Weezer
1. Soul Superjam 2. Tame Impala 3. Django Django 4. John McLaughlin (Jim James & Wilco are both in top 10 ideally, but seen them both, and having to choose between JM vs Wilco vs JJ) 5. Bustle in your Hedgerow 6. David Byrne & St. Vincent 7. Bjork 8. Four Tet 9. Trombone Shorty 10. Japandroids
Post by nickelspickles on May 12, 2013 18:10:42 GMT -5
1. Animal Collective 2. Paul Mccartney 3. Beach House 4. Empire of the Sun 5. Purity Ring 6. Kendrick Lamar 7. Alt-J 8. Tame Impala 9. Portugal the Man 10. Four tet
This is of course post conflict decisions. Theres a few that I had to leave out even though I really want to see them. That Porter Robinson, Pretty Lights, and Animal Collective conflict is just cruel. They knew I wouldn't miss ANCO for anything.
1. Petty 2. Macca 3.Empire of the Sun 4.Billy Idol 5.Wu-Tang Clan 6.The xx 7.Beach House 8.David Byrne and St. Vincent 9.Matt & Kim 10.Father John Misty
Honorable Mention: Capital Cities, Tame Impala, Of Monsters and Men, Mumford and Sons, Kendrick Lamar Like most others, this is only people that haven't seen yet and I plan on seeing all/ almost all of their set