Post by potentpotables on Dec 12, 2016 16:07:32 GMT -5
1) The Referee randomly chooses from the 11 players three Mafiosi and one Inspector. The remaining 7 players are Townspeople. Each player is informed of their role via PM, and are not allowed to share that information with one another except in the official Mafia game thread. The Mafia are informed of one another's identity, and they are allowed to converse among themselves privately. To put it plainly:
a) If you are not a member of the mafia, do not discuss the mafia game outside the mafia thread with any other player, or with any non-player who might discuss the game with a player. b) If you are a member of the mafia, you may discuss the game freely among your fellow mafia only. Do not discuss the game outside of this thread with any non-player or player that is not mafia.
2) The Inspector is informed of his/her part, and also of the identity of one randomly chosen Mafia player. The inspector may at any time reveal their identity to the players within the thread (see game play warnings above).
3) Voting will begin when the Referee creates the new Mafia thread and has tagged each of the players in that game to notify the players the game has begun. Voting will be open for 24 hours each round *see note below, or until everyone has cast and locked their vote - whichever comes first.
a) The Referee will post a planned vote closing date/time/time zone for each round. Additional time may be given by the Referee to allow for continued discussion. Players have the right to request the Referee to consider an extension in the thread or via PM. Voting will not follow the *24-hour rule on the weekends. The Referee will only close voting on a Saturday or Sunday if all players have cast their vote and the Referee has posted his/her intention to close the round on the weekend prior to the weekend. The weekend is defined as Friday 5 pm CST though Monday 7 am CST. The Referee will not close a round prior to the planned end date/time unless all of the voting players that are not in danger of being lynched (no votes cast against them) lock their votes. b) Voting is cast by players stating their Inforoo name followed by the Inforoo name of the player they are voting for: ex> Player1 >> Player2. c) Players may Not change their Inforoo name after the Referee has created the new Mafia thread announcing the players until the game has completed when the Referee posts the winning team and the players roles. d) A player may choose to vote 'null' as a temporary vote place-holder by stating this vote in the same manner as a traditional vote. If the player does not replace the Null vote by the close of the round, this will count as a missed vote for the player. e) If votes are tied when the round closes, an additional *24 hour round will start. This is referred to as a Run-Off in the game. Votes for players in the runoff are carried over, other votes are reset. Once the runoff has begun, players that voted for the players in the runoff may change their votes IE once the runoff is established, players are not locked to their initial vote. f) If a player has not voted before voting closes, their vote will not be counted. A missed vote entering a run-off will be treated the same as a missed vote to end the round. When a player misses a vote, the Referee will specifically post within the Mafia thread stating "Player X has missed 1 vote. g) A single day in game play can include several vote closings. A missed vote in any rounds of a day count as a missed vote. If a player misses two votes, not two days, they are out of the game regardless of how good the reason. A second missed vote will result in Player X's 'auto-lynch'". When the Referee declares a player as having missed two votes that player will be declared the day kill. Voting will cease, the two-vote miss player is dead, and the Night round will begin. The removed player will also be suspended from participating in the following game.
4) Each day a vote is held for the player to be eliminated. For online play, deliberation and voting is combined; thus, you can vote and explain yourself in the same post. Every player is free to change their vote at any point up until the Referee declares that voting is closed. The Referee will then post the final tally, announce which player is eliminated and how they died.
5) During the Night, the Mafia decide on the player they want to eliminate (assassinate), and inform the Referee via PM.
6) Likewise during the night the Inspector will PM the Referee and guess one player's Mafia status. The Referee will respond with a 'yes' or 'no' answer.
7) The Referee shall neither answer an Inspector's inquiry nor execute a Mafia's chosen victim until after having received both the Inspector's inquiry and the Mafia's chosen victim. If the Inspector is the victim, the Inspector is not owed an answer from the Referee. The Referee shall only accept victim names from living Mafia players.
8) Nights will last 12-18 hours, at the ref's discretion. Nights do not follow the weekend rule and will end once the 12-18 hours are completed unless extended by the referee.
a) If the Inspector has not made a guess within 18 hours during a Night round, the Inspector will forfeit that guess. b) If the Mafia have not reported a whack victim within 18 hours during a Night round, the Mafia will forfeit that whack and the Townspeople will receive another round of voting during that Night round to offset the missed whack.
9) Play continues until all the Mafia have been killed (Townspeople win), or the Mafia out number the Townspeople (Mafia win).
10) The Like Rule: Players may not "Like" another players post either alive or dead.
11) Player roles will not be revealed by the Referee until the game has concluded.
12) AKA The Bek Rule: Players who have been eliminated are still welcome to post in this thread, but they may not say anything leading to any knowledge, suspicions or opinions you might have. In the event a dead player posts in the Mafia thread and the Referee decides the post is relevant to the potential outcome of the game, the Referee will notify the player privately of the rule violation and a one game suspension. Upon the completion of the game, the Referee will post the decision within the thread.
13) AKA The kdogg Rule: There will be no sharing of role PMs inside the thread or outside for the purpose of disclosing your role to another player. This also goes for password sharing. Common sense should be used, no discussion of your roles, except between Mafia, outside the thread - EVER.
14) AKA The Bacon Rule: The bigger the whiner, the smaller the wiener.
It is up to the referee of an active game to state and enforce the rules as the game starts. Changes may be made to start the game, but will not change once the game has started. All violations of game rules will be addressed by the referee. If there is a dispute in a game in progress, the referee may discuss it with non-players to resolve any issues or rule violations. In addition, the referee is responsible for maintaining an updated tally that includes the following:
a) A list of players currently with a vote on them, including the number of votes b) A list of the current votes for that round c) A list of players yet to vote d) Estimated time until the round will close e) Any additional notes on the game
In addition to game rules, all players are expected to follow the guidelines and policies of the forum. Forum violations will initially be handled by the referee and penalties will be given on a case by case basis. ———————————————————
The opening round of each day will last 36 hours, but the runoffs may initially have 24 hour deadlines at the ref's discretion. For a 24 hour runoff, the first extension request will be granted, and subsequent requests will occur at the discretion of the ref.
Nights will be posted in 6 hour increments - either 6, 12, or 18 hours after commencement.
The game will run on EASTERN Standard Time.
As far as the rule discussion in Mafia 95 regarding rules 7 and 8, for this game, the advice from fawnmart will be followed. ———————————————————
Suggested refinement: 8) b) If the Mafia have not reported a whack victim within 18 hours during a Night round, the Mafia will forfeit that whack, The Inspector will receive the answer to their inquiry, and the Town will then complete a round of voting during that Night to offset the missed whack. The Inspector will Not receive an additional inquiry after the conclusion of a Town night vote.
All we have to believe with is our senses, the tools we use to perceive the world: our sight, our touch, our memory. If they lie to us, then nothing can be trusted. And even if we do not believe, then still we cannot travel in any other way than the road our senses show us; and we must walk that road to the end.