You have been given the opportunity to curate the initial lineup for a festival in competition with twenty-four others. Any artist can be selected regardless of mortality or activity. If an act or artist played at least two live public shows they are eligible. The top seventy-five artists on each lineup will be locked into non-compete clauses preventing them from being on any of these other festival lineups. When the top seventy-five is complete, you can add up to an additional fifty undrafted free agents (UDFA) to your lineup. Winners will be decided by poll in elimination rounds of twenty-five, fifteen, eight, four and two. (Ties move on.)
1) Once an artist or member of an act is drafted they are unavailable to anyone else however side-projects and solo artist from that act would still be eligible until separately drafted.
2) A maximum of two superjams are allowed (but not required) without taking up a draft/free agent slot. Any additional superjams will require the use of a slot.
3) Disputes handled via poll. Upon confirming receipt of dispute request, a poll will be put up and run for twelve hours. Polls can run seven days a week but no poll will start before 9AM or after 9PM Eastern. Drafting will continue while the poll is running.
4) Once we have twenty-five participants, draft order will be randomly generated for the first round and will continue as a snake draft. (I.e., the person with the last pick in the first round would have the first pick in the second round.)
5) Each participant will have a maximum of twenty four hours for their pick in the first ten rounds. That decreases to twelve hours beginning in round eleven and six hours beginning in round twenty-five. If they miss their pick, the draft will continue as if a pick was made and the participant can then select from any remaining acts at the time that they register their pick. If a player is still on the clock from a previous turn because their time expired without making a selection, then when their next turn comes around the twenty-four (or twelve or six) hour wait for their turn is waived.
6) When you post your selection, identify who the pick is. (Do not assume that everybody else can recognize your pick from pic or gif - formatting issues sometimes make them unreadable.) In addition, tag the next person after you and the person going after them to keep things moving.
7) Trades are allowed. All participants must verify the terms of the trade. (Note: Trades are subject to dispute. In the event that a trade is believed to be unrealistically lopsided, a participant can call for a poll on the validity of said trade.)
8) Seventy-five rounds of drafting.
9) Fifty undrafted free agents can be selected in the ninety-six hours after the last draft selection. Following that, participants will then have their UDFA presented individually, allowing time to highlight acts and for other participants to verify that no previously drafted acts were included as another's UDFA.
10) Any rule changes prior to the start of the draft will be decided by me and updated in the OP.
11) Any rule changes after the start of the draft will require a fifteen participant votes in favor prior to adoption.
12) A rule change cannot be instituted to change the process of changing rules or disputes. (E.g., no vote to assign a "ref.")
13) If an artist performs both solo and with a set band, then when one is drafted all iterations are off the table. For example, if Prince is drafted then Prince and the Revolution is off the table. However if Neil Young is drafted then Neil Young & Crazy Horse is off the table but not Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.
14) If an act has multiple lineup configurations, the one drafted should be identified when drafted. Other configurations would then be off the table. For example, if you were selecting Van Halen then you verified that you were choosing the iteration with Gary Cherone, the David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar VH's would be off the table.
Queen | Selena | Ray Charles The Highwaymen | Sam Cooke | Adele | George Harrison The Allman Brothers Band | Thelonious Monk Quartet | Sublime | Mr. Lauryn Hill Tenacious D | Sturgill Simpson | Black Star | Bright Eyes Rosalía | At The Drive-In | Dixie Chicks
The Rolling Stones | Elvis Presley | Dr Dre Depeche Mode | Richard Pryor | Jack White | Buddy Holly and the Crickets Aaliyah | Iggy Pop | Patti Smith | Nas | Fugazi Television | Run The Jewels | Sinéad O'Connor | Disclosure
Who | Bon Jovi | Phish George Carlin | Frank Zappa | Sly and the Family Stone | Santana Dire Straits | The Temptations | The Kinks | Smokey Robinson and the Miracles Jerry Garcia Band | The Animals | Umphreys McGee | Tower of Power TAUK
Beyonce & Jay Z | Taylor Swift | Stevie Wonder Beastie Boys | Wings | Tina Turner | The Jackson 5 The Band | Ramones | Chance the Rapper | Kacey Musgraves Jane's Addiction | Carly Rae Jepsen | Brandi Carlile | De La Soul Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit | Lizzo
The Velevet Underground | Madonna | Aretha Franklin Aphex Twin | Erykah Badu | Brian Eno | Arctic Monkeys Sia | Sufjan Stevens | Solange | The xx PJ Harvey | Squarepusher | Mazzy Star | Flying Lotus Nicolas Jaar & Group | Nina Kraviz
Led Zeppelin | Paul McCartney | Bee Gees Oasis | ELO | Hans Zimmer | Fats Domino Supertramp | Little Richard | Jefferson Airplane | Miley Cyrus Hot Chip | Jon Hopkins | Four Tet | B-52's KC and the Sunshine Band | Kaytranada | Giorgio Moroder
Daft Punk | The Stooges | AC/DC Donna Summer | Jeff Buckley | Frank Ocean | Buffalo Springfield Atoms For Peace | Them Crooked Vultures | Lou Reed | Leonard Cohen Cocteau Twins | Suicide | Swans | Deerhunter Chromatics
Talking Heads | Kate Bush | Bjork Boards of Canada | Elliott Smith | Can | D'Angelo and the Vanguard Nico | Grace Jones | FKA Twigs | St Vincent Autechre | Tim Hecker | Cabaret Voltaire | Neneh Cherry Arca | Oneohtrix Point Never
The Cure | Outkast | Iron Maiden Marvin Gaye | King Crimson | Wu-Tang Clan | Al Green Yeah Yeah Yeahs | Spiritualized | Underworld | UGK Megadeth | T Rex | Godspeed You! Black Emperor | James Blake Danny Brown | Deafheaven | Fever Ray | Grimes
Fleetwood Mac | James Brown | The White Stripes Lady Gaga | Dolly Parton | George Michael | Sade Yes | Massive Attack | Carole King | Flaming Lips J Dilla | Siouxsie and the Banshees | New York Dolls | Muddy Waters
Prince | Michael Jackson | Jay Z Nine Inch Nails | B. B. King | The Fugees | Chris Stapleton Thom Yorke | Earth, Wind & Fire | David Byrne & St Vincent | Billie Eilish Justice | The Raconteurs | Vince Staples | Gesaffelstein The Cranberries | Earl Sweatshirt
David Bowie | The Throne | David Gilmour NWA | The Supremes | LCD Soundsystem | New Order Bill Withers | Tyler, The Creator | Phoenix | CHIC ft Nile Rodgers Derek and the Dominos | Kid Cudi | BROCKHAMPTON | Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires Mac Demarco | Thundercat | Pond
John Lennon & Yoko Ono | Roger Waters | Rage Against The Machine Louis Armstrong | Duke Ellington Orchestra | Billie Holiday | Ella Fitzgerald Miles Davis | The Supremes | Eric Clapton | Joni Mitchell Stevie Nicks | Simon and Garfunkel | David Byrne | Patsy Cline Gil Scott-Heron | The Replacements | The Postal Service | Neutral Milk Hotel The Knife | Anthony Bourdain
The Grateful Dead | Tupac | Van Morrison Gorillaz | Childish Gambino | Tame Impala | Vampire Weekend Florence + The Machine | Ice Cube | Robyn | Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds Lana Del Ray | Planetarium | Atomic Bomb! | TV On The Radio Ween | Mobb Deep
The Clash | Dr Dre & Snoop Dogg | Tool The Police | The Prodigy | Soundgarden | The Isley Brothers Run DMC | Blondie | Rammstein | N.E.R.D. The 13th Floor Elevators | Odd Future | Clipse | Dillinger Escape Plan
Radiohead | Bruce Springsteen | The Beach Boys REM | Guns N' Roses | Peter Gabriel | Smashing Pumpkins Roy Orbison | Arcade Fire | Duran Duran | Alice In Chains Wilco | How to Destroy Angels | Pavement | Animal Collective Talk Talk
ABBA | Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers | Portishead Tom Waits | Willie Nelson | Beck | Elvis Costello Meat Loaf | The Mars Volta | Misfits | Primus The Cars | Liz Phair | Gogol Bordello | Thievery Corporation Social Distortion
Beyonce | Garth Brooks | Frank Sinatra Spice Girls | Sex Pistols | Hank Williams | Blur Fleet Foxes | The Avalanches | Lorde | Father John Misty Interpol | Explosions In The Sky | Todd Terje and the Olsens | The Rapture Jungle | Blood Orange | Leon Bridges |
The Beatles | Ludwig van Beethoven | Elton John Pearl Jam | Joy Divison | Rick James | System of a Down Jean-Michel Jarre | The National | Oysterhead | Pixies Tears For Fears | MF Doom | Death Grips | King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard Cap'n Jazz | Dave Chappelle
Black Sabbath | Bob Dylan | Otis Redding Ariana Grande | Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band | Dead Kennedys | The Strokes A Tribe Called Quest | The Chemical Brothers | Janelle Monáe | Anderson .Paak and The Free Nationals Motörhead | Ol Dirty Bastard | Caribou | Volcano Choir Bad Brains
The 13th Floor Elevators Aaliyah ABBA AC/DC Adele Air Jefferson Airplane Alice In Chains The Allman Brothers Band Anderson .Paak and The Free Nationals Animal Collective The Animals Aphex Twin Fiona Apple Arca Arcade Fire Arctic Monkeys Louis Armstrong A$AP Rocky At The Drive-In Atomic Bomb! Atoms For Peace Autechre The Avalanches B-52's Bad Brains Erykah Badu The Band Bauhaus The Beach Boys Beach House Beastie Boys The Beatles Beck Bee Gees Ludwig van Beethoven Beyonce Beyonce & Jay Z Biggie Smalls Bjork Black Sabbath Black Star James Blake Blood Orange Blondie Blur Boards of Canada Bon Jovi Bon Iver Gogol Bordello Anthony Bourdain Leon Bridges BROCKHAMPTON David Bowie Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires Danny Brown Bright Eyes Garth Brooks James Brown Jeff Buckley Buffalo Springfield Kate Bush David Byrne David Byrne & St Vincent Cabaret Voltaire Can Cap'n Jazz Caribou George Carlin The Cars Johnny Cash Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds Chance the Rapper Dave Chappelle Ray Charles The Chemical Brothers Neneh Cherry CHIC ft Nile Rodgers Chromatics Eric Clapton The Clash Patsy Cline Clipse Cocteau Twins Leonard Cohen John Coltrane Sam Cooke Elvis Costello The Cranberries Cream Credence Clearwater Revival Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young The Cure Miley Cyrus D'Angelo and the Vanguard Daft Punk Darkside Miles Davis Dead Kennedys Deafheaven Death Grips Deerhunter De La Soul Lana Del Ray Mac Demarco Derek & The Dominos Depeche Mode Destiny's Child Dillinger Escape Plan Disclosure DJ Shadow J Dilla Dire Straits Dixie Chicks Fats Domino The Doors Drake Nick Drake Dr Dre Dr Dre & Snoop Dogg Duke Ellington Orchestra Bob Dylan
Earth, Wind and Fire Billie Eilish Missy Elliott ELO Eminem Brian Eno Explosions In The Sky Father John Misty Fever Ray Ella Fitzgerald FKA Twigs The Flaming Lips Fleet Foxes Fleetwood Mac Florence + The Machine Flying Lotus Foo Fighters Four Tet Aretha Franklin Fugazi The Fugees Peter Gabriel Gang Starr Childish Gambino Marvin Gaye Gesaffelstein David Gilmour Godspeed You! Black Emperor Gorillaz Ariana Grande Grateful Dead Al Green Grimes Guns N' Roses George Harrison (& the All Things Must Pass Orch) PJ Harvey Tim Hecker The Highwaymen Ms. Lauryn Hill Billie Holiday Buddy Holly and the Crickets Jon Hopkins Hot Chip Whitney Houston How to Destroy Angels Ice Cube Interpol Iron Maiden Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit The Isley Brothers Nicolas Jaar The Jackson 5 Janet Jackson Michael Jackson Etta James Rick James Jamie xx Jamiroquai Jane's Addiction Jean-Michel Jarre Jaylib Jay Z Carly Rae Jepsen Jerry Garcia Band Jimi Hendrix Experience Elton John Grace Jones Janis Joplin Joy Division Judas Priest Jungle Justice Kaytranada KC and the Sunshine Band Kid Cudi B.B. King Carole King King Crimson King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard The Kinks The Knife Frankie Knuckles Kraftwerk Nina Kraviz Kyuss Lady Gaga Kendrick Lamar LCD Soundsystem Led Zeppelin John Lennon & Yoko Ono Little Richard Lizzo Lorde Loretta Lynn M83 Madonna Bob Marley & the Wailers The Mars Volta Massive Attack Curtis Mayfield Mazzy Star Paul McCartney Meat Loaf Megadeth Metallica MF Doom MF Doom & Ghostface Killah George Michael Misfits Joni Mitchell Mobb Deep Moderat Janelle Monáe Giorgio Moroder Van Morrison Motörhead Kacey Musgraves My Bloody Valentine My Morning Jacket
Nas The National Willie Nelson N.E.R.D New Order The New York Dolls Neutral Milk Hotel Stevie Nicks Nico Nine Inch Nails Nirvana NWA Oasis Frank Ocean Sinéad O'Connor Odd Future Ol Dirty Bastard Oneohtrix Point Never Roy Orbison Orbital Outkast Oysterhead Pantera Parliament Funkadelic Dolly Parton Pavement Pearl Jam Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Liz Phair Phoenix Phish Pink Floyd Pixies Planetarium The Police Pond Iggy Pop Portishead The Postal Service Elvis Presley Primal Scream Primus Prince The Prodigy Richard Pryor Public Enemy Pusha T Queen Queens of the Stone Age The Raconteurs Radiohead Rage Against The Machine Rammstein Ramones The Rapture Otis Redding Lou Reed REM The Replacements Rihanna Smokey Robinson and the Miracles Robyn The Rolling Stones The Roots Rosalía Roxy Music Royksopp & Robyn Run DMC Run The Jewels Rush
Sade Santana Gil Scott-Heron Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band Selena Sex Pistols Ravi Shankar and Alla Rakha Sia Sigur Ros Paul Simon Simon & Garfunkel Nina Simone Sturgill Simpson Frank Sinatra Siouxsie and the Banshees Slayer Sleater Kinney Slowdive Sly and the Family Stone Smashing Pumpkins Elliott Smith Patti Smith The Smiths Social Distortion Solange Sonic Youth Soulwax Soundgarden Spice Girls Spiritualized Bruce Springsteen Squarepusher St Vincent Vince Staples Chris Stapleton Steely Dan Stereolab Sufjan Stevens The Stooges The Strokes Sublime Suicide Donna Summer Supertramp The Supremes Swans Earl Sweatshirt Taylor Swift System of a Down SZA Talking Heads Talk Talk Tame Impala Tangerine Dream TAUK Tears For Fears Television The Temptations Tenacious D Todd Terje and the Olsens Thelonious Monk Quartet Them Crooked Vultures Thievery Corporation Throbbing Gristle The Throne Thundercat Tool Tower of Power T Rex A Tribe Called Quest Tupac Tina Turner TV On The Radio Tyler, The Creator U2 UGK Umphreys McGee Underworld Stevie Ray Vaughn Vampire Weekend The Velvet Underground Volcano Choir Tom Waits Muddy Waters Roger Waters Ween Kanye West Jack White The White Stripes The Who Wilco Hank Williams Amy Winehouse Wings Bill Withers Stevie Wonder Wu-Tang Clan The xx Yeah Yeah Yeahs Yes Thom Yorke Neil Young & Crazy Horse Frank Zappa Hans Zimmer