Post by HCSunshine on Apr 11, 2005 18:57:13 GMT -5
Thought I'd post a new topic to get some action going. I have been in lurk mode long enough.
I am starting to get very excited for my third Bonnaroo trip. So I thought I would ask some questions of the group. This will help me introduce myself and get to know more about others.
1. What corner of the world are you from... no specifics necessary, just approx.
2. How many roo's have you attended?
3. What is your favorite memory (or lack thereof) of Bonnaroo's past?
4. Who are you most looking forward to seeing this year?
5. What do you do to contain your Bonnaroo excitement?
My answers: 1. Northeast PA 2. This will be 3 3. Sitting in the field at "which" stage during Yonder Mt. thinking how wonderful this life is.... lots of great music all in one place. A great three days. 4. The Word 5. As you can tell, I am having trouble with this. I write silly post so I have something to read in my spare time.
Post by Scooter1984 on Apr 11, 2005 20:55:34 GMT -5
1.) Western NC 2.) This will be my second 3.) My Morning Jacket's set last year when the rain and wind started in the middle of a kick ass solo. (looked very epic) 4.) MODEST MOUSE 5.) By talking to my g/f and friends bout HOW much fun we're going to have and planning out the entire time in my head. Or going to other concerts.
1: Upstate NY 2: This will be my 3rd B'roo. 3: I have a favorite memory from both 'roos I've attended. In 2003 it was being one of the first people to see Galactic's parade float coming into centeroo and getting close enough that I lit the bass players cigarette for him. My favorite memory from last year would be latenight Friday night having intricate plans to catch Umphrey's, Praxis and Vida Blue and walking up to Umphrey's and being so blown away I didn't leave until the show was over 4 and a half hours later. Needless to say I missed Praxis and Vida but I don't regret it one bit. 4: Umphrey's McGee 5:Listen to shows from past years to get my fix. Although that usually makes me more excited.
-Chicago -I'll be 4-4 after this one -There are plenty of worthy candidates but I think being up front for Trey in '02 might be my favorite. What I remember of the Flaming Lips in '03 is unforgettable. My most cherished memory from last year is seeing David Byrne in all his glory. -Perceptionists, the Word, Mars Volta -lately being extremely busy, sick and exhausted has worked , but that really just makes me look forward to Manchester more.
Yet it is in this loneliness that the deepest activities begin. It is here that you discover act without motion, labor that is profound repose, vision in obscurity, and, beyond all desire, a fulfillment whose limits extend to infinity.
~ Thomas Merton ~
3. Being right up front for Chris Robinson and New Earth Mudd. Also Knoxville I had similar thoughts during Gov't Mule last year.
4. The Black Crowes
5. Really I don't know if there is anyway to contain the excitement. I just download alot of music from Roo artists. I have to say this years line-up has me really excited and June cannot get here soon enough.
Post by Plain Jane Patchwork on Apr 12, 2005 13:41:54 GMT -5
1. I live about 2 hours west of Chicago in Illinois.
2. This will be my fourth bonnaroo.
3. I guess my favorite memory would be seeing Moe for the first time the first year of Bonnaroo. I was sitting on the ground just blown away by those guys. I have been hooked ever since. Besides that it was such a beautiful night. I was sitting listening to moe and watching two people spinning glow sticks.
4. I am most looking forward to seeing Widespread Panic and Ratdog.
5. I try to hit up as many local shows as I can to get my dancing muscles all warmed up for 3 days of dancing my buns off.
Post by aquariumdrunk on Apr 12, 2005 13:56:43 GMT -5
1. The southwest suburbs of Chicago
2. This will be number two
3. Much like Scooter, watching MMJ last year, during the rain's initial burst was truly heart stopping. You could tell they were just eating up the moment and feeling the energy from both the crowd and the sky.
4. M. Ward, MMJ, DBT's, Joanna Newsom, Secret Machines
5. I drink -- oh yes, I drink. Still, one look at my post count and you'll see just how successful I am at containing anything!
I'm Leedogg's fiance. However, my answers are slightly different.
3. Favorite memory - seeing Warren waiting in the wings backstage during New Earth Mudd
4. What I'm looking forward to the most is Umphrey's. Didn't see the show last year because I didn't have a clue who they were. We downloaded their set from Roo '04 and I fell in love! WILL NOT MISS THEM THIS YEAR!
5. How do I contain my excitement? A) My buddy KC and I email each other probably 10 x's a day at work talking about this stuff, B) Reading this board (and the Krewe)
Post by Psychorooster on Apr 14, 2005 13:03:27 GMT -5
1. Long Island, NY!!! 2. This will be number 2 3. After i woke up from my nap i took to escape the heat stroke i had when we entered the gates, i woke to the sound of thousands of my 'roo brothers and sisters screaming and yelling like a tribe of warriors claiming their new conquered land!! While the tie-dye flags blew in the Tennessee wind! 4. The Black Crows, Widespread Panic, and hopefully Tom Petty 5. I Don't. I drive myself freakin' crazy!!!
2. Awesome news is that i just found out i can make it this year.....so this will be my second roo.
3. Standing on the hill checkin out all the fine ppl at the String Cheese show last year with a huge smile on face thinking i'm finally here.....and then i hear over the speakers, "are you having a good day out there?".....my scream = HELL YEAH!!!
4. Keller, YMSB, WSP, and believe it or not Dave again b/c he was awesome last year.