You have been given the opportunity to curate the initial lineup for Bonnaroo in competition with nineteen others. The top thirty-five artists on each lineup will be locked into non-compete clauses preventing them from being on any of these other festival lineups. When the top thirty-five is complete, you can add up to an additional seventy-five undrafted free agents to your lineup. These may overlap with other lineups but cannot include drafted acts/artists unless those acts/artists were drafted by you. Winners will be decided by poll in elimination rounds of twenty, fifteen, ten, five and two. (Seventy-two hours per round.) For flexibility's sake, we're saying that the festival that you're booking is taking place in the neighborhood of 2020-2021.
1) Only "active" or potentially active acts can be drafted. If you're planning on booking a reunion, you need to demonstrate that there is a reasonable reason to believe that it could happen. (This rules out Talking Heads, for example.) An artist is considered "active" if they have had or will have three public performances of five or more songs between 1/1/15 and 12/31/20. (This eliminates things like Rock and Roll Hall of fame performances, one-offs for benefits, awards show reunions, talk/variety show appearances, etc.) An artist would be considered inactive if they don't meet the live performance requirements or if there is credible documentation that an act has broken up, has no plans of touring, are focusing on other projects, does not play in this country, etc.
2) Once an artist or act is drafted, they are unavailable to any other drafter. Drafters do not have exclusive rights to musicians that are part of drafted acts however nobody may select an act that includes a musician in a drafted act if the second act regularly plays 6 or more songs created by the previously selected act.
3) If there is a collective that has members that do not tour with it but do play with other projects or as a solo artist, then it should be assumed that the non-touring members are not drafted as part of the collective.
4) A maximum of two superjams are allowed without taking up a draft/free agent slot. Any additional superjams will require the use of a slot. (Bluegrass/Grand Old Opry is not a freebie.)
5) Disputes handled via poll. Upon confirming receipt of dispute request, a poll will be put up and run for twelve hours. Polls can run seven days a week but no poll will start before 9AM or after 9PM Eastern. Drafting will continue while the poll is running.
6) Once we have twenty participants, draft order will be randomly generated for the first round and will continue as a snake draft. (I.e., the person with the last pick in the first round would have the first pick in the second round.)
7) Each participant will have a maximum of twelve hours for their pick in the first ten rounds. If they miss their pick, the draft will continue as if a pick was made and the participant can then select from any remaining acts at the time that they register their pick. If a player is still on the clock from a previous turn because their time expired without making a selection, then when their next turn comes around the twelve hour wait for their turn is waived. Selections in Rounds Eleven through Twenty will be in an eight hour window. Subsequent rounds will be in a six hour window. A maximum of two picks are allowed to be "made up" if missed. If a drafter has missed two (or more) picks then when their next turn is up they may only make two selections. Any other outstanding picks are lost.
8) When you post your selection, identify who the pick is. (Do not assume that everybody else can recognize your pick from pic or gif - formatting issues sometimes make them unreadable.) In addition, tag the next person after you and the person going after them to keep things moving. This is not just a suggestion.
9) Trades are allowed. All participants must verify the terms of the trade. (Note: Trades are subject to dispute. In the event that a trade is believed to be unrealistically lopsided, a participant can call for a poll on the validity of said trade.)
10) Thirty-five rounds of drafting.
11) Up to seventy-five undrafted free agents can be selected in the ninety-six hours after the last draft selection. (Any superjams would need to be fully disclosed with undrafted free agents and would not be subject to modification with the exception of a participant being found to be ineligible.) There will be an additional twenty-four hour period to review/dispute free agents that may not be eligible after all of the undrafted free agents have been revealed. Any undrafted free agents (or superjam participants) that were deemed ineligible may only be replaced with acts/artists that were neither drafted nor previously selected as undrafted free agents.
12) Any rule changes prior to the start of the draft will be decided by me and updated in the OP.
13) Any rule changes after the start of the draft will require fifteen participant votes in favor prior of adoption.
14) A rule change cannot be instituted to change the process of changing rules or disputes. (E.g., no vote to assign a "ref.")
15) If an act previously thought to be inactive at the start of the draft becomes active during the course of the draft, it is available to all as an undrafted free agent.
Paul McCartney | Madonna | Billie Eilish Run The Jewels | King Crimson | Fatboy Slim | Iggy Pop Flaming Lips | Pixies | Yasiin Bey | Television DJ Shadow | Glass Animals | Washed Out | Jungle Big Grams | Explosions in the Sky | Action Bronson | DIIV Hayden James | Temples | Annie Lennox | Nils Frahm Yusuf Islam | The Streets | Battles | Flatbush Zombies Movement
Nine Inch Nails | Missy Elliott | Kacey Musgraves Blur | The Strokes | The xx | Chance The Rapper Willie Nelson | Disclosure | Death Cab For Cutie | Orbital The Highwomen | Pet Shop Boys | Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit | Violent Femmes Moby | Chromeo | Jesus and Mary Chain | Tegan and Sara Liz Phair | Bikini Kill | Mura Masa | Ani DiFranco Talib Kweli | Wolfmother | DaBaby | Scissor Sisters | Yola
Coldplay | Kendrick Lamar | Arctic Monkeys Florence + The Machine | J Cole| David Byrne | Kid Cudi Brandi Carlile | Paramore | Wilco | Franz Ferdinand Ratatat | Angel Olsen | Tash Sultana | Yo La Tengo Feist | Grizzly Bear | Toro Y Moi | J.I.D. Isiah Rashad | St. Paul and the Broken Bones | Car Seat Headrest | Little Simz Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue | Snarky Puppy | Stella Donnelly | Isiah Rashad The Voidz | Tank and the Bangas | Dorian Electra
Iron Maiden | Travis Scott | Bjork Jeff Lynne's ELO | System Of A Down | My Morning Jacket Modest Mouse | Sigur Ros | The Original Misfits | Fleet Foxes Three 6 Mafia | Danny Elfman | Primal Scream | Mount Kimbie Carly Rae Jepsen | De La Soul | Jenny Hval | Swans | 100 Gecs The Black Madonna | Caroline Polachek | Kelly Lee Owens Lingua Ignota | Injury Reserve | Mogwai | Channel Tres Octo Octa | Big KRIT
Paul Simon | The Weeknd | Massive Attack Aphex Twin | Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds | Solange | Charli XCX Grace Jones | Sleep | Sleater-Kinney | Kamasi Washington Bauhaus | DJ Koze | Mitski | Julia Holter Bonobo | Deerhunter | Natalia Lafourcade | Destroyer Kim Petras | Sunn O))) | Despacio | Mount Erie Kelela | Yves Tumor | U.S. Girls | Daughters Autechre | clipping. | Grouper
Frank Ocean | Sufjan Stevens | Rosalía Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals | M83 | Kaytranada | Empire of the Sun Nas | Four Tet | Rex Orange County | Black Star Jhené Aiko | Thundercat | Pretty Lights Live | M.I.A. Lil Nas X | Black Coffee | Noname | Al Green Cat Power | MIKA | Chaka Khan | Black Pumas Tim Hecker & the Konoyo Ensemble | Daphni | SebastiAn | serpentwithfeet
The Cure | Arcade Fire | Robyn Queens of the Stone Age | Wu-Tang Clan | Erykah Badu | Harry Styles Primus | Spoon | Caribou | Bright Eyes Chromatics | Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets | A Perfect Circle | The Breeders Earl Sweatshirt | Nina Kraviz | Jon Hopkins | Freddi Gibbs & Madlib Shabazz Palaces | Japanese Breakfast | Tierra Whack | Meshuggah Shame | Bat For Lashes | James Murphy (DJ) | Tyler Childers Lily Allen
U2 | Phish (2 sets) | Tame Impala Lana Del Rey | Beck | Usher | Brockhampton Hot Chip | Vulfpeck | Pusha T | Danny Brown Ween | Sylvan Esso | The Lonely Island | Sharon Van Etten Phoebe Bridgers | Perfume Genius | King Princess | The War on Drugs Joe Russo’s Almost Dead | CupcakKe | NxWorries Ghostface Killah | Tedeschi Trucks Band | The String Cheese Incident | Umphrey’s McGee Alt-J | Method Man & Redman | Maribou State | The Gaslight Anthem
Rage Against The Machine | Dead & Co | Tyler, The Creator Steely Dan | Sturgill Simpson | FKA twigs | Brittany Howard Animal Collective | Jamie xx | Fever Ray | Cut Copy Slowdive | Parquet Courts | Kero Kero Bonito | RÜFÜS DU SOL Bloc Party | Johnny Marr | Doja Cat | Nick Murphy Deftones | EOB | Lil Uzi Vert | Public Enemy The Good, The Bad & the Queen | Ross from Friends | Princess Nokia | Poppy Van Morrison
The Rolling Stones | Neil Young and Crazy Horse | Childish Gambino Lizzo | The Raconteurs | Flying Lotus | Alabama Shakes Faith No More | Giorgio Moroder | Devo | Mac Demarco Thievery Corporation | Unknown Mortal Orchestra | Denzel Curry | Deafheaven IDLES | Ty Segall & the Freedom Band | Orville Peck | Against Me Black Crowes | Turkuaz remain in light ft Jerry Harrison and Adrian Belew | Gojira | Maxo Kream Caroline Rose | Pigeons Playing Ping Pong | Body Count | Hovvdy Billy Strings
Queen + Adam Lambert | Depeche Mode | Drake Sia | J Balvin | No Doubt | Miley Cyrus Pharrell Williams | Hans Zimmer | Stormzy | Weezer Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds | SBTRKT | Miguel | CHIC Ft. Nile Rodgers Local Natives | Gesaffelstein | Warpaint | Christine and the Queens Todd Terje & the Olsens | The Internet | 2manydjs | Bob Moses The Claypool Lennon Delirium | Empress Of | Autre Ne Veut | Rhye FIDLAR
Bruce Springsteen | Jay-Z | Pearl Jam D'Angelo and the Vanguard | Jamiroquai | Fiona Apple | Oysterhead Elvis Costello and the Imposters | Young Thug | Ms. Lauryn Hill | Belle and Sebastian Courtney Barnett | Foals | Maxwell | Flight of the Conchords Of Montreal | Rapsody | boygenius | Saba SOPHIE | Alvvays | Black Midi | Angélique Kidjo TNGHT | Moses Sumney | The Comet is Coming | Confidence Man Motor City Drum Ensemble
Beyoncé | David Gilmour | BTS Guns N' Roses | Phil Lesh Quintet | Lionel Richie | Thom Yorke Tori Amos | George Clinton and the P'Funk All-Stars | Leon Bridges | La Roux Vince Staples | Gary Clark Jr | Godspeed You! Black Emperor | King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard Amon Tobin | Oneohtrix Point Never | A$AP Ferg | Tycho John Carpenter | Richie Hawtin | Pond | Soccer Mommy Bicep | Daniel Avery | The Hives | Squarepusher Makaya McCraven | Bernie Sanders | Ministry
Portishead | My Bloody Valentine| Deadmau5 Brian Wilson | Underworld | Air | Nicolas Jaar Ice Cube | Jill Scott | Soulwax | Kali Uchis King Krule | Jorja Smith | Panda Bear | Khruangbin Róisín Murphy | Floating Points (Live) | Modeselektor | Groove Armada Purity Ring | Beirut | BADBADNOTGOOD | Herbie Hancock Virtual Self
Roger Waters | Metallica | The Chemical Brothers Janelle Monàe | A$AP Rocky | Spiritualized (2 Sets) | Father John Misty Morrissey | Mazzy Star | TV On The Radio | Big Red Machine Peggy Gou | Willow Smith | Michael Kiwanuka | Weyes Blood | Steve Lacy | John Williams | Julia Jacklin | The Rapture Koffee | Dinosaur Jr | L'Impératrice | Superorganism Mick Jenkins | Eric Prydz | Blood Incantation | Dungen
Radiohead | Jack White | Patti Smith Justin Timberlake | Lorde | Kraftwerk 3D | James Blake The Roots | Moderat | Schoolboy Q | Joanna Newsom Big Thief | Julien Baker | Kiasmos (live) | Lyyke Li Sampha | Susanne Sundfør | Big Boi | Sudan Archives !!! | Chelsea Wolfe | Duran Duran | Dan Deacon The Kills | Hundred Waters | Ólafur Arnalds | Punch Brothers
Elton John | Kanye West | LCD Soundsystem New Order | Justice | Tears For Fears | Interpol Grimes | Portugal. the Man | Blood Orange | Clairo Stereolab | Daniel Caesar | Ariel Pink | Parcels Hatsune Miku | Rico Nasty | (Sandy) Alex G | YBN Cordae Princess | Melody's Echo Chamber | C r u m b | Viper the Rapper Francis and the Lights | Playboi Carti
Fleetwood Mac | Stevie Wonder | Tool Bon Iver (2 sets) | The National | SZA | The Avalanches JPEGMAFIA | My Chemical Romance | Earth Wind & Fire | Jean-Michel Jarre Oh Sees | MGMT | John Prine | Broken Social Scene American Football | Mastodon | EarthGang | Snail Mail Robert Plant & The Sensational Space Shifters | The Growlers | Echo and the Bunnymen | Amadou & Mariam Girl Talk | Band of Horses | Turnstile | Knocked Loose
!!! 2manydjs 100 Gecs Action Bronson Adele Against Me Jhené Aiko Air Alabama Shakes Lily Allen Alt-J Alvvays Amadou & Mariam American Football Tori Amos Trey Anastastio Band Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals Animal Collective Aphex Twin Fiona Apple Arca Arcade Fire Arctic Monkeys Ólafur Arnalds A$AP Ferg A$AP Rocky Autechre Autre Ne Veut The Avalanches Daniel Avery Joey Bada$$ BADBADNOTGOOD Erykah Badu Julien Baker J Balvin Band of Horses Banks Courtney Barnett Bat For Lashes Battles Bauhaus Beach House Beck Beirut Belle and Sebastian Better Oblivion Community Center Yasiin Bey Beyonce Bicep Big Boi Big Grams Big KRIT Big Red Machine Big Thief Bikini Kill Bjork The Black Madonna Black Midi The Lonely Island Black Coffee Black Crowes Black Pumas Black Star James Blake Bloc Party Blondie Weyes Blood Blood Incantation Blood Orange Blur Body Count Bon Iver Bonobo boygenius The Breeders Phoebe Bridgers Leon Bridges Bright Eyes Brockhampton Broken Social Scene Danny Brown BTS David Byrne Daniel Caesar Cardi B Caribou Brandi Carlile John Carpenter Car Seat Headrest Playboi Carti Cat Power Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds Chance The Rapper Channel Tres Charli XCX The Chemical Brothers Neneh Cherry CHIC Ft. Nile Rodgers Tyler Childers Childish Gambino Christine and the Queens Chromatics Chromeo CHVRCHES Clairo Gary Clark Jr The Claypool Lennon Delirium George Clinton and the P'Funk All-Stars clipping. Coldplay J Cole The Comet is Coming Confidence Man Elvis Costello and the Imposters Sheryl Crow Crumb CupcakKe The Cure Denzel Curry Cut Copy Miley Cyrus DaBaby Lucy Dacus D'Angelo and the Vanguard Daphni Daughters Dan Deacon Dead & Co. Deadmau5 Deafheaven Death Cab For Cutie Death Grips The Decemberists Deerhunter Deftones De La Soul Lana Del Rey Mac DeMarco Depeche Mode Despacio Destroyer Devo Die Antwoord Ani DiFranco DIIV Dinosaur Jr Disclosure The Distillers DJ Koze DJ Shadow Doja Cat Stella Donnelly Drake Dungen Duran Duran EarthGang Earth Wind & Fire Echo and the Bunnymen Billie Eilish Dorian Electra Danny Elfman Missy Elliott Empire of the Sun Empress Of EOB Explosions in the Sky Faith No More Fatboy Slim Father John Misty Feist Fever Ray FIDLAR FKA twigs The Flaming Lips Flatbush Zombies Fleet Foxes Fleetwood Mac Flight of the Conchords Floating Points (Live) Florence + The Machine Flying Lotus Foals Four Tet Nils Frahm Francis and the Lights Franz Ferdinand Future Islands Lady Gaga Charlotte Gainsbourg Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds Garbage The Gaslight Anthem Gesaffelstein Ghostface Killah Freddi Gibbs & Madlib David Gilmour Girl Band Girl Talk Glass Animals Godspeed You! Black Emperor Gojira The Good, The Bad & the Queen Kim Gordon Gorillaz Peggy Gou Ellie Goulding Ariana Grande Al Green Grimes Grizzly Bear Groove Armada Grouper The Growlers Hildur Guðnadóttir Haim Herbie Hancock PJ Harvey Richie Hawtin Tim Hecker & the Konoyo Ensemble HER The Highwomen Ms. Lauryn Hill The Hives Julia Holter Jon Hopkins Hot Chip Hovvdy Brittany Howard Hundred Waters Jenny Hval Ice Cube IDLES Injury Reserve The Internet Interpol Iron Maiden Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit Yusuf Islam
Nicolas Jaar Julia Jacklin Janet Jackson Hayden James Jamie xx Jamiroquai Japanese Breakfast Jean-Michel Jarre Jay-Z Jeff Lynne's ELO Mick Jenkins Carly Rae Jepsen Jesus and Mary Chain J.I.D. Elton John Grace Jones JPEGMAFIA Jungle Justice Kaytranada Kelela Kero Kero Bonito Chaka Khan Khruangbin Kid Cudi Angélique Kidjo The Kills King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard King Crimson King Krule King Princess Michael Kiwanuka Kiasmos (live) Knocked Loose Koffee Kraftwerk 3D Nina Kraviz Maxo Kream Talib Kweli Steve Lacy Natalia Lafourcade Kendrick Lamar La Roux LCD Soundsystem Annie Lenox Phil Lesh Quintet Jenny Lewis Lyyke Li Lil Nas X Lil Uzi Vert L'Impératrice Lingua Ignota Little Dragon Little Simz Lizzo Local Natives The Lonely Island Lorde M83 Madonna Maribou State Johnny Marr Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets Massive Attack Mastodon Maxwell Mazzy Star Paul McCartney Makaya McCraven Megan Thee Stallion Melody's Echo Chamber Meshuggah Metallica Method Man & Redman Metric MGMT M.I.A. Miguel MIKA Hatsune Miku Nicki Minaj Ministry Mitski Moby Moderat Modeselektor Modest Mouse Mogwai Janelle Monae Giorgio Moroder Van Morrison Morrissey Bob Moses Motor City Drum Ensemble Mount Eerie Mount Kimbie Movement Kacey Musgraves My Bloody Valentine My Morning Jacket Alanis Morrissette Mura Masa James Murphy (DJ) Nick Murphy Róisín Murphy My Chemical Romance Nas Rico Nasty The National Willie Nelson N.E.R.D New Order Joanna Newsom Neutral Milk Hotel Nickel Creek Stevie Nicks Nine Inch Nails No Doubt Noname NxWorries Frank Ocean Octo Octa Of Montreal Oh Sees Angel Olsen Oneohtrix Point Never Rex Orange County Orbital The Original Misfits Kelly Lee Owens Oysterhead Panda Bear Paramore Parcels Parquet Courts Dolly Parton Pavement Pearl Jam Orville Peck A Perfect Circle Perfume Genius Kim Petras Pet Shop Boys Liz Phair Phantogram Phoenix Pigeons Playing Ping Pong Ariel Pink Pixies Planetarium Robert Plant & The Sensational Space Shifters Caroline Polachek Pond Iggy Pop Poppy Portishead Portugal. the Man Pretty Lights Live Priests Primal Scream Primus Princess Princess Nokia John Prine Eric Prydz Public Enemy Punch Brothers Purity Ring Pusha T
Queen & Adam Lambert Queens of the Stone Age The Raconteurs Radiohead Rage Against The Machine Rapsody The Rapture Isiah Rashad Ratatat Rhye Lionel Richie Rihanna Robyn Maggie Rogers The Rolling Stones The Roots Rosales Caroline Rose Ross from Friends RÜFÜS DU SOL Run The Jewels Joe Russo’s Almost Dead Röyksopp Saba Sampha Bernie Sanders (Sandy) Alex G Savages SBTRKT Schoolboy Q Scissor Sisters Jill Scott Travis Scott SebastiAn Ty Segall & the Freedom Band serpentwithfeet Shabazz Palaces Shame Sia Sigur Ros Paul Simon Sturgill Simpson Sleater-Kinney Sleep Sleigh Bells Slowdive slowthai Jorja Smith Patti Smith Willow Smith Snail Mail Snarky Puppy Soccer Mommy Solange SOPHIE Soulwax Spiritualized Spoon Bruce Springsteen Squarepusher Mavis Staples Vince Staples Steely Dan Stereolab Sufjan Stevens Stormzy The Streets The String Cheese Incident Billy Strings The Strokes St. Paul and the Broken Bones St Vincent Harry Styles Sudan Archives Tash Sultana Moses Sumney Susanne Sundfør Sun Kil Moon Sunn O))) Superorganism Swans Earl Sweatshirt Sylvan Esso System of a Down SZA Tame Impala Tank and the Bangas Tears for Fears Tedeschi Trucks Band Tegan and Sara Television Temples Todd Terje & the Olsens Thievery Corporation Three 6 Mafia Thundercat Justin Timberlake TNGHT Amon Tobin Tool Toro y Moi Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue Yves Tumor Turkuaz remain in light ft Jerry Harrison and Adrian Belew Turnstile TV on the Radio Tycho Tyler, The Creator Kali Uchis U2 Umphrey’s McGee Underworld Unknown Mortal Orchestra U.S. Girls Usher Vampire Weekend Sharon Van Etten Violent Femmes Viper the Rapper Virtual Self The Voidz Vulfpeck The War on Drugs Warpaint Washed Out Kamasi Washington Roger Waters The Weeknd Ween Weezer Kanye West Tierra Whack Jack White Wilco John Williams Pharrell Williams Brian Wilson Wolf Alice Chelsea Wolfe Wolfmother Stevie Wonder Wu-Tang Clan Xiu Xiu The xx Yaeji YBN Cordae Yeah Yeah Yeahs Yola Yo La Tengo Thom Yorke Neil Young and Crazy Horse Young Thug Hans Zimmer