I actually like those. I worked at the Fed Ex Forum for the Grizzlies for a few years so I've consumed numerous nightmares down that way. Oh the things you see when you're nightly commute is a stroll down Beale St.
Yeah, Saturday isn't super stacked, but it's the only day I can realistically do. I'm doing Jim James here Thursday, Black Keys/Flips here Friday, and Beale Saturday, so I'll probably be pretty satisfied after that. It will be my first BSMF experience, so I'm gonna ease myself in.
You could always grab a deep fried hamburger at Dyer's on Beale. They claim to have been using the same grease for 90 + years, straining it and heating it to a certain temperature to kill bacteria each day. I don't know, last time I ate there on the way back from Bonnaroo it did not sit too well.
That sounds... ugh, awfome.
I vote we do a meet up sometime Friday, or Thursday night? Maximum info-kid hangage, bruh.
Post by easymorningrebel on Mar 8, 2013 3:53:47 GMT -5
8 weeks out!! Doesn't sound that far away but damn, I hope it passes quickly. I haven't been on the board much lately but looking forward to meeting up with infopeeps & scarfing down tons of lard laden goodies this year!!
Also, for everyone going, TRUST ME, you want to use the south entrance. most people dont even know it exists. id say literally 90% of people use the north entrance and it has a massive line. ive always walked straight in using the south entrance.
So many conflicts. But my deciding factor won't be if a band has confetti and balloons or a LCD screen. Really? They play music right? I've walked away from their show a time or two but I realize a lot of people love em, but seems kinda odd their musical talent isn't what makes them popular. Guess I'm the odd one out and don't get it.
Post by trailerparknoodles on Mar 23, 2013 15:47:00 GMT -5
Few quick thoughts
- Are we positive the FLIPS have changed their stage show or were they just toning it down for SXSW? I would think they would keep the confetti, gives Wayne something to do.
- with the official schedule out, i had to change some of my initial plans. Mule now conflicts with Black Keys, Heartless Bastards with Jake Bugg etc. Flips actually start 40 minutes prior to pumpkins so might try for some of both.
- I agree with the south entrance tip above but in the past, if you get there early enough either entrance is quick. Everyone uses the north entrance because most of the parking/downtown is that way.
- Central BBQ > Rendevous. If you want ribs Blues City > Rendevous.
- I too worked (interned game nights) for the Grizz years ago for a few seasons. Fun times.
I saw that my buddies band was stopping in Memphis for this and I not only knew it was a music festival but I just found out people from here are going to be there! I'm so in. It's only a 2 hour drive from me so I'm going to make this happen.
What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.