Post by Cookin' Mama on May 9, 2021 19:46:05 GMT -5
1) The referee used the order of signup (below) to create a random integer sequence on random.org. The first three numbers were named mafia, with the 3rd number being given to the inspector, who was fourth. The remaining seven players are Townspeople. Each player has been informed of their role via PM, and are not allowed to share that information with one another except in the official Mafia game thread. The Mafia are informed of one another's identity, and they are allowed to converse among themselves privately. To put it plainly:
a) If you are not a member of the Mafia, do not discuss the Mafia game outside the Mafia thread with any other player, or with any non-player who might discuss the game with a player. Except for the Post-Death Town Chat. b) If you are a member of the Mafia, you may discuss the game freely among your fellow Mafia only. Do not discuss the game outside of this thread with any non-player or player that is not Mafia.
2) The Inspector is informed of his/her part, and also of the identity of one randomly chosen Mafia player. The inspector may at any time reveal their identity to the players within the thread (see game play warnings above).
3) Voting will begin when the Referee creates the new Mafia thread and has tagged each of the players in that game to notify the players the game has begun. Voting will be open for 24-36 hours each round (*see note below) or until everyone has cast and locked their vote - whichever comes first.
a) The Referee will post a planned vote closing date/time/time zone for each round. Additional time may be given by the Referee to allow for continued discussion. Players have the right to request the Referee to consider an extension in the thread or via PM. Voting will not follow the 24-hour rule on the weekends. The Referee will only close voting on a weekend if all players have cast their vote and the Referee has posted his/her intention to close the round on the weekend prior to the weekend. The weekend is defined as Friday 6 pm EST though Monday 8 am EST. The Referee will not close a round prior to the planned end date/time unless all of the voting players that are not in danger of being exiled (no votes cast against them) lock their votes. b) Voting is cast by players stating their Inforoo name followed by the Inforoo name of the player they are voting for example: Player1 > Player2. c) Living players may not change their Inforoo name after the Referee has created the new Mafia thread announcing the players until the game has completed when the Referee posts the winning team and the players roles. d) A player may choose to vote 'null' as a temporary vote place-holder by stating this vote in the same manner as a traditional vote. If the player does not replace the Null vote by the close of the round, this will count as a missed vote for the player. e) If votes are tied when the round closes, an additional 24-hour round will start. This is referred to as a runoff in the game. Votes for players in the runoff are carried over, other votes are reset. Once the runoff has begun, players that voted for the players in the runoff may change their votes. Once the runoff is established, players are not locked to their initial vote but may only vote for players currently in the runoff. f) If a player has not voted before voting closes, their vote will not be counted. A missed vote entering a runoff will be treated the same as a missed vote to end the round. When a player misses a vote, the Referee will specifically post within the Mafia thread stating "Player X has missed 1 vote".
g) A single day in game play can include several round closings. A missed vote in any rounds of a day count as a missed vote. If a player misses two votes, not two days, they are out of the game regardless of how good the reason. A second missed vote will result in Player X's 'auto-exile'". When the Referee declares a player as having missed two votes that player will be declared the day kill. Voting will cease, the two-vote-miss player is dead, and the Night round will begin. The removed player will also be suspended from participating in the following game.
4) Each day a vote is held for the player to be eliminated. For online play, deliberation and voting is combined; thus, you can vote and explain yourself in the same post. Every player is free to change their vote at any point up until the posted deadline that voting is closed. At or after given deadline time, the Referee will post the tally, and if applicable grant/deny any requested extensions, and/or announce which player is eliminated.
5) During the Night, the Mafia decide on the player they want to eliminate (whack), and inform the Referee via PM. Mafia must submit a whack and are subject to a role reveal of the most recent exile if they fail to submit a name before the deadline.
a) If the missed whack leads to an even amount participants, a special runoff will occur before the next day starts. A whack can not be submitted after the special runoff.
6) Likewise during the Night the Inspector will PM the Referee and guess one player's Mafia status. The Referee will respond with a 'yes' or 'no' answer. A "Yes" response means the guessed player is Mafia, and a "No" response means the guessed player is Town.
7) The Referee shall neither answer an Inspector's inquiry nor execute a Mafia's chosen victim until after having received both the Inspector's inquiry and the Mafia's chosen victim. Upon receiving both the inquiry and the victim, the Referee will first start the new day and announce the victim. Once the day has started, they will respond to the inquiry of the inspector. If the Inspector is the victim, the Inspector will not receive an answer from the Referee. The Referee shall only accept victim names from living Mafia players.
8) Nights will last 6-18 hours, at the ref's discretion. Nights do not follow the weekend rule and will end once the 6-18 hours are completed unless extended by the referee.
a) If the Inspector has not made a guess within 18 hours during a Night round, the Inspector will forfeit that guess. b) If the living Mafia member(s) have not reported a whack victim within 18 hours during a Night round, the Mafia will forfeit that whack and the Townspeople will receive another round of voting that Night round to offset the missed whack.
9) Play continues until all the Mafia have been killed (Townspeople win), or the Mafia out number the Townspeople (Mafia win).
10) The Like Rule: No person, player or otherwise, may like or dislike any posts by active players.
11) Player roles will not be revealed by the Referee until the game has concluded.
12) AKA The Bek Rule: Players who have been eliminated are still welcome to post in this thread, but they may not say anything leading to any knowledge, suspicions or opinions you might have. In the event a dead player posts in the Mafia thread and the Referee decides the post is relevant to the potential outcome of the game, the Referee will notify the player privately of the rule violation and a one game suspension. Upon the completion of the game, the Referee will post the decision within the thread.
13) AKA The kdogg Rule: There will be no sharing of role PMs inside the thread or outside for the purpose of disclosing your role to another player. This also goes for password sharing. Common sense should be used, no discussion of your roles, except between Mafia, outside the thread - EVER.
14) AKA The Bacon Rule: The bigger the whiner, the smaller the wiener.
It is up to the referee of an active game to state and enforce the rules as the game starts. Changes may be made to start the game, but will not change once the game has started. All violations of game rules will be addressed by the referee. If there is a dispute in a game in progress, the referee may discuss it with non-players to resolve any issues or rule violations. In addition, the referee is responsible for maintaining an updated tally that includes the following:
a) A list of players currently with a vote on them, including the number of votes b) A list of the current votes for that round c) A list of players yet to vote d) Estimated time until the round will close e) Any additional notes on the game
15) Persons not directly involved in the game (i.e. not the ref or a player) are requested to keep posts to a minimum. Use common sense.
16) Locking: If all players who are not in jeopardy of being exiled lock, the round will end. Until this happens, locked players have the option of changing their votes. In a D5 scenario, 2 locks will be required to end the day.
17) Do not edit your posts. No editing of your posts, under any circumstances, is allowed.
In addition to game rules, all players are expected to follow the guidelines and policies of the forum. Forum violations will initially be handled by the referee and penalties will be given on a case by case basis
***REF NOTES*** ***These notes override any of the above rules***
- I am in EST (Eastern Standard Time) so all times will be based off that.
- Locked vote means that you are fine with the rounding ending with your vote where it is; you can move as you want, but if it's locked and all non-runoff players lock, the game will move on and you know locking your vote has this effect.
- Day lengths and extensions are up to the ref's discretion.. The first request will result in an auto-extension of a length at the ref's discretion.
- Votes cast within the last hour of an ORIGINAL round ending time will result in an auto-extension. Further extensions will be at my discretion.
- Rounds will end at the exact deadline time whether I'm here to close or not (absent extensions noted above).
- Night lengths will be at the ref's discretion and will end when announced unless otherwise noted.
- Day lengths are going to be shortened to speed up the game. If you think it's too short, extensions requests will be granted.
- This game will be using the oracle role. The oracle is a town role that will be the 5th person when randomizing group to determine roles. The oracle has the power to pick one player per night. If at any point the oracle dies, by exile or whack, the role of the chosen player will be revealed at the beginning on the next day. The oracle may pick the same player multiple times, but only the role of the last picked name will be revealed upon the Oracle's death. Since there is no night 0, the oracle must provide the ref with a name before the first deadline of day 1, round 1. The Oracle's name is put into effect before the mafia whack, meaning if the oracle is whacked, the name picked from the same night as they oracle was whacked on will be role that gets revealed. Inspector is revealed as town.
- The weekend rule will be scarped for this game and follow normal day rules.
- In the case that there is a final day runoff, the day will end on of a majority of the players on a particular person (not including those in the runoff) are locked.